[cvsnt] Diff and Merge Error Using 1.11.1.3

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Jan 10 15:02:00 GMT 2003

"Does anyone else use CVSNT as a server?"
Are you kidding? There are tons of outfits out there doing precisely this...
We have been using CVSNT for 2 years now and have not had any problems whatsoever
in this area. The only inconveniences we have sen are that sometimes a cvs.exe
process is hung on the server for some unknown reason. THis is not noted by the
users until they try to commit a new revision of the file this cvs.exe process
was operating on at the time of failure. THis file is now locked and cannot be
updated on the server.
This happens very seldom and is cured in our case by having a nightly cleanup
task that runs at 04:00 and kills all cvs.exe that lives at this time.

We run on Windows 2000 server (not a PDC), which is dedicated to CVS usage.
On this we also run IIS5 in order to serve out web acces via CVSWeb. This has
sometimes failed to authenticate the users but then we apply the Microsoft
trick (restart IIS) and it goes away. Does not affect CVSNT one bit though,
this is Microsoft software acting up.

We have clearly more problem with other software than CVSNT.

/Bo