[cvsnt] Re: SSH support is hilariously slow

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 27 13:54:02 GMT 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:57:56 +0100, "Andreas Schildbach"
<andreas at schildbach.de> wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>For example, it took me about 3 minutes to freshly checkout a 500 KB file.
>
>Granted, my cvs server machine is a bit on the slow side: ~700 MHz Celeron
>And the client: Athlon XP 1600+
>
>I know SSH support (:ssh:) is still experimental, but could anyone tell me
>if this is planned to get faster in the future?

That sounds like a network error.  I can ssh about ~2MB/second on this
machine (Athlon 2100), given a fast enough network connection.  The
ssh implementation is actually quite fast, although I'd love to get
hold of a faster one (unfortunately it's the only librarified ssh
available).