[cvsnt] CVS_CLIENT_LOG (Invalid change text)

Boyd Meier bmeier at acornsys.com
Mon Jan 27 16:10:03 GMT 2003

Hi Lionello,

	As to your questions, I'm not sure about if everyone's invalid change text
problem is of the same nature as mine.  I've been using cvsnt on unix for
about a year, and cvsnt on Win2K for almost two years prior, and we've only
had 4 or 5 files crop up with this problem.  I know Tony has been trying to
debug this, so I thought I'd publish what I'd seen.
	To me it looks like somehow the client or server dropped the empty line at
the end of the file when saving it to the rcs file, but it is certainly not
something that happens consistently.  I have lots of files that end in the
same manner that have no problems.  One possibility is that we have a
"realtime" virus scanner running on the client side, and that is known to
cause sporadic problems.
	I don't know of an automated repository checker, but I think one could be
built fairly simply using rcs tools.  Fixing them depends on what exactly
the problem is in general.  I'm not sure if Tony has any more information on
what other people are seeing.

	Boyd