[cvsnt] TAG and file removing

Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD jbbriaud at sysdeo.com
Wed Jan 29 14:04:34 GMT 2003

Hello,

A developper had removed a file in a tagged module.
How is it possible ?

Am I missing something ?
I thought a tag in a module was like a "picture" of all files revision
number
of the module, so you can later checkout the module with the tag name.
But if it's possible to remove file
(remove and commit !!! It's really in the Attic folder on server side)
Then, how will I be able to checkout module with tag name ?
The resulting checkedout module will not reflect the one I had when I
tagged it !

I thought you had to create branch in order to modify a tagged module

Help ! I'm disapointed !!