[cvsnt] upgrading cvsnt

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Jul 4 14:00:37 BST 2003

2.0.5 setup
------------
Just run the installer and it will update whatever is needed to update.

Line ending issues
--------------------
No, CVSNT does not corrupt the line endings. The correct way to go about
handling source files is:
- Add the file as text
- Every user has his own checked out copy on a local drive
- CVS makes sure that *on checkout* the line endings are set to what is used on the workstation operating system (Windows: CRLF, Unix:LF, Mac:CR)
- When committing changes CVS stores the data in the RCS files with Unix style line endings, but this is of no concern to the users because the RCS files are totally the domain of the CVS server to manage.

I suspect that you have one of two errors here:

1. The files are added to CVS as binary. That way they will keep the entire contents no matter which platform they check out to, and they cannot be concurrently edited by several developers.

2. You are sharing the sandbox with someone else on the network and this person is on a Unix machine and his editor strips off the line endings, or the update is done from one end and commit from another.

/Bo