Antwort: [cvsnt] Are CVSNT and CVSTrac compaible?

Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de Markus.Gebhardt at etas.de
Wed Jul 16 17:07:46 BST 2003

Hi,

I have cvsnt & cvstrac running here (Linux/Debian server), but I had to
patch the sources a little bit. It's the old but still ongoing RCS tools
stuff. CVStrac uses rcsdiff etc. that can't handle the cvsnt extensions to
the RCS file format (author names with non literals...), whereas the
RCStools that come with cvsnt (also named rscdiff..) are basically
wrappers that call cvs; they serve the same need, but the options and the
return values are not completely the same. I had to strip all "-v" options
of the rcstool-calls in the cvstrac sources and recompile to get it
working. Yet there is still one "bug" that only commits older than one day
are found (since the rcs diff from cvsnt only returns diffs if the time
span is at least one day - at least that's the reason in my opinion.
However, I can live with that.

I also tried cvsmonitor - I got over the installation routine (perl skript
executed via webbrowser) by faking the "cvs --version" answer that it
expects, but then I can initialize repositories and add modules but can't
browse them - the module is not found by cvsmonitor. Has anyone experience
with that?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with regards

Markus Gebhardt

ETAS/ESC-ES