[cvsnt] can only do stuff as administrator

tim.webster at bt.com tim.webster at bt.com
Mon Jul 21 14:00:44 BST 2003

When using SSPI or PSERVER protocol against a Win 2000 cvsnt server (v.
2.0.4).

If I create another user account on the server (e.g. timw), then I can cvs
login with this user, but I cannot do a checkout/commit/add.  I get one of
these two messages:

cvs [commit aborted]: unrecognized auth response from <IP address taken
out>: cvs [server aborted]: Authentication failed

or

cvs [add aborted]: Error reading from server <IP address taken out>: -1

Again, everything works fine as Administrator, but any other user I create
it gives this error..

I though it may be something to do with the fact that Terminal Services are
being used, and I can't

I've tried unchecking impersonation, etc.

The user I created is just another user (part of the NT "Users" group).  The
entire file system of the server is accessible to "Everyone"...I don't think
it's a file permission problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks