[cvsnt] Aliasing CVS Usernames to System Login Ids

Walker, Andy Andy.Walker at eu.anritsu.com
Mon Jun 2 19:37:19 BST 2003

Hi,

we are using the sspi protocol for our CVSNT access with 'SystemAuth = Yes'
so that we don't have to do a separate login to CVS. In the near future our
system login ids are going to be changed to an unidentifiable (from the
point of view of putting a user's name to the id) string of letters and
digits. I'm after a way of setting up 'aliases' for the user ids so that the
'Author' field in the output of the log command, the $Author:$ keyword, etc.
will still have peoples names.  From what I can determine from the
documentation on the wiki you can use the passwd file with sspi (and
'SystemAuth' set to 'No') to control who accesses the repository. It also
appears that you can alias a cvs username to a system username by using the
'cvs passwd -r real_user cvs_user' command. Is using the passwd file with
aliases but no passwords the way to get what I want? Access using sspi,
without having to do a separate login to CVS, and peoples names rather than
unidentifiable strings.

Thanks

Andy.

Set up:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57k)
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57j)
(client/server)
WinCvs 1.3.10.1 Beta 10
(All old, I know, but currently working OK - will be upgrading when project
pressure allows :-)
All running under Win 2K

--
Andy Walker, Senior Software Development Engineer
Anritsu Ltd., Rutherford Close, Stevenage, Herts. SG1 2EF  U.K.
E-mail: Andy.Walker at eu.anritsu.com

This email message, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s).  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by email immediately, then delete the
message and any copies.  Any views or opinions presented herein are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Anritsu
group of companies.
Discover What's Possible - www.eu.anritsu.com