[cvsnt] cvs95.exe chokes on gserver usage ... Cygwin

Peter Chiang peter at osatechnologies.com
Sat Jun 7 01:00:26 BST 2003

Every time I try to use cvs95.exe (either off command
line MS-DOS shell prompt or via WinCVS), I always get
the following:

cvs95 -d :gserver:foo.com:/cvsroot/repos co dir
cvs95 [checkout aborted]: the :gserver: access method is not installed on
this system

Naturally, I rebuilt cvs95.exe from source (along with
MIT Kerberos v5 for win32).  Unfortunately, I don't
see any obvious way (nor documentation) for "building-in" the
Kerberos support.  Is there some /D needing during compile?
Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

I am able to get the Linux cvs executable to work flawlessly
with gserver and my remote Linux CVS server.  It is just
cvsnt that seems a bit hard to get configured properly.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter