[cvsnt] Re: cvs95.exe chokes on gserver usage ... Cygwin

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 7 09:18:41 BST 2003

Peter Chiang wrote:

> Every time I try to use cvs95.exe (either off command
> line MS-DOS shell prompt or via WinCVS), I always get
> the following:

Use cvs.exe (unles you're using Win95, but most things don't work with
that).

> Naturally, I rebuilt cvs95.exe from source (along with
> MIT Kerberos v5 for win32).  Unfortunately, I don't
> see any obvious way (nor documentation) for "building-in" the
> Kerberos support.  Is there some /D needing during compile?
> Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Te gserver_protocol.dll is Win2000 only.  You should have
a gserver_protocol_mit.dll somewhere that you can rename.  I wouldn't
guarantee success on Win95 though as the only protocol I know that works is
pserver.  You also have to make sure all the MIT libraries are in the path.