[cvsnt] SunOne Studio problem

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Wed Jun 11 09:07:07 BST 2003

Hello I am using SunOne Studio 4 update 1 (Community Edition) to develop
Java applications. In each folder of my sandbox there is the CVS folder that
sometimes contains a copy of my source files (*.java). It seems that these
files are created once I edit the file with WinCVS. These files are also
read-only.

The problem is that when I mount my source files folder in SunOne Studio, it
includes the extra CVS files for compilation. Thus when I try to compile the
project I get an error like:

<error>
pkg/subpkg/CVS/Base/Foo.java [34:1] duplicate class: pkg.subpkg.Foo
public class Foo
       ^
pkg/subpkg/CVS/Base/Foo.java [60:1] modifier public static not allowed here
    public static boolean flag = true;
                          ^
pkg/subpkg/CVS/Base/Foo.java [66:1] modifier public static not allowed here
    public static boolean flag2  = true;
                          ^
3 errors
Errors compiling subpkg.
</error>

I cannot exclude the files from the build, it seems that this happens
because they are read-only. (Select the CVS file, open its properties,
select the Execution tab: everything is disabled).

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround? Any help is
appreciated.

I am using:
> cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.4 (client/server)

WinCVS 1.3.13.1 Beta 13 (Build 1)

--
Kevin Agius