[cvsnt] SunOne Studio problem

Jon Rabone Jon.Rabone at criticalblue.com
Wed Jun 11 10:26:47 BST 2003

> The problem is that when I mount my source files folder in
> SunOne Studio, it includes the extra CVS files for
> compilation. Thus when I try to compile the project I get
> an error like:

How are you mounting the filesystem in SunOne Studio? We use "Mount >
Version Control > Generic VCS" and configure a VCS profile to call cvs.exe.
The built-in CVS does not support sspi but it's trivial to make a profile to
use the CVSNT tools.

This works well for us. The only thing to be aware of is to set the relative
mount point correctly if your source hierarchy is not at the top level of
the module. For example, a module called TestProject, with the structure:

TestProject
    +-libs
    +-resources
    +-src
       +-com
          +-mycompany
                +-test

you must set the relative mount point to "src" in the mount dialog.

HTH,

Jon