[cvsnt] Instable release version?!?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 14 22:59:04 BST 2003

Ralf Steinhaeusser wrote:

> Hello,
> I just installed CVSNT and am a little bit confused:
> How can this be that the release version (2.0.4) is newer that the current
> development version.

2.1 > 2.0...  what's the problem?

> This alone would not be a problem, but the release version seems to be
> also less stable.
> Using the "stable" version I could not commit more than 2 files at once
> and I just found out (after A LOT of bug-hunting) that the development
> version doesn't make troubles here.

I've never heard of anyone else having this problem... I regularly commit
many hundreds of files with 2.0.4, as do many others.

> Also the installer of the stable release neither gives a hint that yu have
> to reboot the computer once, nor that the Path-variable on the computer
> has to be set manually.

Untrue.  Some machines need a reboot (but then most of the time you'll have
to reboot to install it anyway).  The path variable is updated
automatically.