[cvsnt] Lost changes

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Tue Mar 4 23:16:02 GMT 2003

Considered that possibility.  Immediately after making the change, I saved,
compiled, closed, committed the file.  When co-worker mentioned that the
change wasn't present, I re-opened the file and found the change missing.

Now, if I made the change, missed the save, it would have compiled (lousy
IDE), but wouldn't have closed without warning, wouldn't have shown the file
changed or allowed me to commit.  If I missed the close, double-clicking the
file (in this IDE) would show me the in-memory version - with my routine
intact - which it didn't.

Immediately after this happened, I retraced my steps, and questioned my
memory of each one.  I'm CERTAIN I made the change, I'm fairly certain I
saved, compiled and closed.  I'm CERTAIN I committed the file and I'm
CERTAIN the change disappeared - I have logs to show the last two.  If I
left off saving or closing, the results I had would be different (warnings,
or code NOT gone).