[cvsnt] builds 68 & 72: more errors resurrecting files from attic

Gary Newman REMOVE_THIS_NOSPAMgnewman at belarc.com
Tue Mar 4 23:58:10 GMT 2003

I'm still having a very similar problem with the attic on builds 68 & 72 on a Windows
2000 server but with no error message.

I remove a file (say its at revision 1.1) and commit it and it goes into the Attic
just fine (as r1.2).  Then I obsolete the new revision (cvs admin -o 1.2 filename)
and that works fine, but the file stays in the Attic.

To see what's going wrong, I saved the r1.1 file outside the attic before I started
this test, and diffed with the Attic version after obsoleting r1.2 and they are
identical.  So it seems that the bug is solely in cvsnt not moving the file out of
the attic when the version that put it in the attic as 'dead' is obsoleted.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps there's a "Better" (a.k.a. work-around) way of taking a file out of the
Attic?

    -Gary-