[cvsnt] Re: pcl-cvs and local cvsnt repositories not working together?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 15:03:58 GMT 2003

> I just installed a cvsnt server and created a repository for my
> local projects. CVSROOT is :local:i:\cvsrep

What do you install a server for if you don't use it? :local: bypasses the
server completely and has the client act as a server itself. It is intended
for single-machine/single-user setups.

> When I am using Emacs 21.2.95, the cvs interface (pcl-cvs) does not
> recognize this CVSROOT as being valid. Anybody else come across this?
> Any workarounds? (This forces me to use the client through a command
> prompt window. I would very much like the emacs/cvs interface working
> smoothly.)

Does emacs have it's own built-in CVS client or is it using the cvs.exe from
CVSNT as a client? If it doesn't recognize this CVSROOT, it sounds like it's
using a built-in client and it appears that one either doesn't like the
drive letter in your CVSROOT or maybe even doesn't support local mode at
all.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org