[cvsnt] Re: pcl-cvs and local cvsnt repositories not working together?

Sridhar Boovaraghavan sridhar_ml at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 15:12:33 GMT 2003

"Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net> writes:

>> I just installed a cvsnt server and created a repository for my
>> local projects. CVSROOT is :local:i:\cvsrep
>
> What do you install a server for if you don't use it? :local: bypasses the
> server completely and has the client act as a server itself. It is intended
> for single-machine/single-user setups.

That's true - but :local: is all I need right now as it truly is a
single-user/single-machine setup. If this problem is not easily fixed,
I will have to try other means of accessing this.

pcl-cvs complains that the repository does not start at an absolute
path (probably expecting something like /usr/local/cvsroot or
something). Is there a way that I can "access" this repository using a
different method that will work within pcl-cvs's constraints?

> Does emacs have it's own built-in CVS client or is it using the cvs.exe from
> CVSNT as a client? If it doesn't recognize this CVSROOT, it sounds like it's
> using a built-in client and it appears that one either doesn't like the
> drive letter in your CVSROOT or maybe even doesn't support local mode at
> all.

Yes, the cvs interface in emacs is pcl-cvs which then launches cvs
(the real client executable). I know that the problem probably lies in
pcl-cvs, my message to this newsgroup was in the hope that there was a
fix/workaround.

Thanks,
Sridhar
--