[cvsnt] Still problems with cvs from home

Craig Graham craig at twolips-translations.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 07:39:37 GMT 2003

I am still having problems with encryption from home, although it all works
fine when I'm in work.

To refresh, the CVS server is one machine, my machine at the office is
another, my machine at home is a third. All are running XP, and CVSNT
1.11.1.3 build 73. At home, TortoiseCVS does not work and produces the
output;

C:\Work\Labview\VDTS>cvs -q -z9 -x update -d -P
cvs [update aborted]: cvs_encrypt_wrap_input failed: error

Using earlier builds, I was getting this error at work as well.
Rationalising the builds has got it working there, and I'm at a loss to
figure out what is different from home.

Only one port is forwarded through the work NAT box; am I right in thinking
I should not forward the second port for the lock server? That's the only
difference I can see between the two situations.

As previously, WinCVS is working fine- but it is set not to do encryption.

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/