[cvsnt] Nightly cleanups and owner permissions

Adam Shand ashand at pixelworks.com
Tue Mar 11 18:39:18 GMT 2003

Hey

We're having problems with leftover lockfiles so I'm about to institute
the recommended maintenance on the devguy site:

http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#Maintenance

My question is that it says "These commands must be run under the user
account that is running the CVSNT service".  Since we run cvsnt as the
"system" user, and you can't schedule jobs as the system user I'm
wondering what the best way to approach this is:

  * Create a new user for the cvs service to run as (cvsadmin or
somethign).  Question, will changing that effect anything?

  * Will running the job as administrator not matter (even though it's
not system) so long as both users have sufficient privledges?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam.