[cvsnt] Nightly cleanups and owner permissions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Mar 11 19:17:37 GMT 2003

They probably wrote that when an older build of CVSNT was being
distributed--those things have a way of lingering.  However, I've seen NT4
behave much nicer when it is rebooted once in awhile, so I implement
periodic restarts also.

My temp directory empty now, but I have seen some files left in there after
an import--but I didn't take note of what they were (my impression was that
they were at least some of the larger binaries that were imported).  My
server is very lightly used right now (just me with 1 project testing), but
I haven't had any problems with locks.

However, to directly answer your question:  The AT scheduler typically runs
under the service account (unless you have changed it).  You can verify this
by going into control panel and making sure the "Task Scheduler" is set to
start under the system account.  I verified this with the following batch
file:

getname.bat

	echo. | time | find "current" > %0.txt
	echo. | date | find "current" >> %0.txt
	whoami >> %0.txt
	echo. >> %0.txt
	set >> %0.txt
<<<<<<<<<

then scheduling it with (at 11:55 am):

	at 11:56 d:\junk_path\getname.bat

Then checking the results in d:\junk_path\getname.bat.txt.  Note that the
whoami utility is available in either the NT resource kit or the Win32 port
of GNU utilities (http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/).

Glen Starrett
glen.starrett at honeywell.com
Senior Systems Architect, Tools & Technology
Project Operations, Honeywell IC