[cvsnt] CvsNT and SSH

Thomas Muller ttm at online.no
Tue Mar 18 10:11:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

Apologies if this is a bit off-topic.

I've set up CvsNT and Cygwin SSH server, clients use WinCVS and port
forwarding with the Putty SSH client. Works brilliantly. My questions are
more SSH related than CVS related.

What is "best practice" for setting up SSH server/clients? How good is
password protection only (users being NT users and visible in /etc/passwd).
Is the password sent in clear text? How do I generate and distribute keys?
How do I configure the SSH server to require client keys (and vice versa)?

Again, if this is totally off-topic, please accept my apologies and direct
me to the correct resources.

Thanks.

--

Thomas

Copyright ERA Technology Ltd. 2003. (www.era.co.uk). All rights reserved.
The information supplied in this Commercial Communication should be treated
in confidence.
No liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss or damage
suffered as a result of accessing this message or any attachments.