[cvsnt] Re: cvs commit hangs when Visual SlickEdit views a file

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 16:38:42 GMT 2003

Hello again,

I wrote:

> since a few months the developers in our project are complaining about
> hangs when committing files. The output freezes after the last
>
> Checking in xyz.txt;
> R:/Repo/xyz.txt,v  <-- xyz.txt
> new revision: 1.8; previous revision: 1.7
> done
>
> block.

Is there nobody sharing this experience? I'm going mad about the
telephone always ringing. I updated to build 77a and commented out all
loginfo scripts but still having trouble sometimes.

To give some more information I tried to batch commit 150 revisions
with -t option but - thats murphys law - no hang showed up. On the
other clients (all working with build 72) the developers see the
problem on about every 4th commit.

The loginfo script originally launched the CVSMailer. After turning on
CVSMailers debug-logging i noticed that the messages

   CVSMailer processing
   CVSMailer processing consolidated messages

were missing from the output on the console. Could it be a problem in
creating the child process? Or what else could go wrong between the
checkin and the loginfo? The -t output of my (error-less) test gives
me no idea.

Any hint is *very* appreciated.

Thanks for all help,
  OK.