[cvsnt] Re: Thoughts on version numbering

Ian Epperson Ian at axiomdesign.com
Thu Mar 20 20:02:47 GMT 2003

Perhaps to avoid possible future muddling of the CVS versioning, CVSNT
versioning should start at something much higher than 2.  Perhaps jumping to
10.x?  Or perhaps 4.x to hint at NT4?

Imagine a scenario where in the next few years, Subversion prompts the CVS
team to add significant enough features to CVS for the team to declare it a
2.0.  Don't know how likely this is, but it shouldn't be ruled out.

Though I suppose CVSNT might be seen as a next generation of CVS and the 2.x
nomenclature might be appropriate...?

I should have known better than to trust the logic of a half-sized
thermocapsulary dehousing assister...