[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Error - CsLsp.dll

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 8 10:46:53 BST 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 18:43:26 -0400, "Nate" <nath_meyer at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry, it would appear I cannot have both services. McAfee seems to have
>some weird conflict with the functionality of CVSNT. When I uninstalled
>McAfee, the program works properly. Reinstalling McAfee afterwards caused
>the crashing to occur again. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to find a new
>anti-virus program. In the mean time, I would imagine having this posted on
>the web as a warning for current McAfee users there may be some conflicts
>with the use of the software.

It doesn't happen all the time... maybe half a dozen people a year report
problems with it.  It's worth reporting this (again) to McAfee as they really
need to fix it - the service.exe is using nothing but documented APIs and it's
not even very large (just one source file, 90% of which is concerned with the
service setup).