[cvsnt] debugging? "can't create lock file - no such file or dir"

Bob Smart smart at hpc.CSIRO.AU
Sun May 25 08:42:08 BST 2003

Pardon me, but here is a bit more info.

I'm running Terminal Services, so the installation
is done from "Add/Change programs" thing in control panel.

I get the same error if the lock service is stopped?!

After my uninstall/reboot/reinstall the cvs service
control still remembered my old repository prefix and
added repository. Where does it keep that? I presumed it
must be in the registry but I can't see it there.

I got the source but visual studio 6 doesn't like it:
looks like it needs 7 (which I guess is Visual Studio .NET).
Maybe one day we can switch to the more cvs-friendly
eclipse+mingw (see
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecc/).

Bob