[cvsnt] debugging? "can't create lock file - no such file or dir"

Bob Smart smart at hpc.CSIRO.AU
Sun May 25 07:03:04 BST 2003

I'm trying to install on a win2k server machine.

Using gserver from a windows machine I can do an import
but then can't do an immediate checkout.

First did it with 2.0.4, then with 2.1.1. Then uninstalled,
rebooted and reinstalled following
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html very
closely.

If it were a linux/unix machine I could strace the server
to see what it thinks it is doing. Is there some equivalent
on win2k? Or some way to make the lock service leave some
log of what it is doing?

Bob

P.S. transcript:
farrer.7% cvs import suxen sma045 start
I suxen/CVS
I suxen/OLD/CVS
I suxen/adsi2nis/CVS
cvs server: Importing S:/CVS/HPSC/suxen/adsi2nis
N suxen/adsi2nis/testwalk.pl
N suxen/adsi2nis/upga.pl
cvs server: Importing S:/CVS/HPSC/suxen/OLD
N suxen/OLD/fixcherax.pl
N suxen/OLD/fixcherax.sh
N suxen/OLD/loop.bat
N suxen/OLD/loop.sh
N suxen/OLD/upg.pl

No conflicts created by this import

farrer.7% rm -rf suxen
farrer.7% cvs co suxen
cvs server: Updating suxen
cvs server: cannot create read lock in repository `S:/CVS/HPSC/suxen': No such f
ile or directory
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up