[cvsnt] connecting to cvsnt

Mark Puckett amp2 at cdc.gov
Fri May 30 20:56:15 BST 2003

I installed latest cvsnt on w2k server. Created test repository.  Tested
connection from command prompt on same w2k server, connected ok.

Then installed latest wincvs 1.3 on seperate client machine.  Connected to
test repository just fine.

Now created second repository on server and attempted to connect from
wincvs client and had a problem.  So I tested from command prompt on
client.  Set cvsroot to test repository and I was able  to connect using
"cvs ls -l -R".  Tried to connect to second repository and got error "cvs
[ls aborted]: unrecognized auth response from <server>: cvs [server
aborted]: Authentication failed".  Did same test directly from server
command shell and was able to connect to second repository.

If I remove the test repository using cvsnt controll panel, and completely
delete it from hard disk, and attempt to connect from client I get an
intelligent message about the repository not existing.  If I attempt to
connect to some never existing repository I get same error message as
above about failed authentication.

I am using sspi to connect.  My nt account has rights to the entire server
directory tree.  I change no account rights to get access to first test
repository.  I have not changed the config or passwrd files on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.