[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT InstallShield unattended install, command line options?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 4 00:24:37 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:02:55 -0800, "Steffen Yount"
<syount at medialinq.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to be able to script the CVSNT Installshield installation
>process.
>
>Is there a way to set all the Installsheild options without steping through
>the GUI?
>
>Command line options?
>A config file?

CVSNT is NOT installed using InstallShield, it was dumped about a year
ago or so. CVSNT is installed using an InnoSetup installer file.
Still I think that there are some command line parameters like /quiet
or similar that can make it accept all the defaults all the way
through.
But I don't think that you can specify the user selectable options
from the command line. Has to be checked with the InnoSetup people.

OTOH, since CVSNT is OpenSource (like InnoSetup) you can check out the
CVSNT sources, build it yourself and then create the Innosetup
installer and in that process you can modify the setup defaults to
suit your deployment.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)