[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT InstallShield unattended install, command line options?

Martijn Laan mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl
Tue Nov 4 18:17:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:24:37 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>Still I think that there are some command line parameters like /quiet
>or similar that can make it accept all the defaults all the way
>through.

It's /SILENT or /VERYSILENT.

>But I don't think that you can specify the user selectable options
>from the command line. Has to be checked with the InnoSetup people.

You can. Here's the listing from the help file of the newest Inno
Setup version:

"/SP-
Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at
the beginning of Setup. Of course, this will have no effect if the
DisableStartupPrompt [Setup] section directive was set to yes.

/SILENT, /VERYSILENT
Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the
wizard and the background window are not displayed but the
installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this
installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is
normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed
and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with
DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option explained
above)

If a restart is necessary and the '/NORESTART' command isn't used (see
below) and Setup is silent, it will display a Reboot now? message box.
If it's very silent it will reboot without asking.

/NOCANCEL
Prevents the user from cancelling during the installation process, by
disabling the Cancel button and ignoring clicks on the close button.
Useful along with /SILENT.

/NORESTART
When combined with /SILENT or /VERYSILENT, instructs Setup not to
reboot even if it's necessary.

/LOADINF="filename"
Instructs Setup to load the settings from the specified file after
having checked the command line. This file can be prepared using the
'/SAVEINF=' command as explained below.
	Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/SAVEINF="filename"
Instructs Setup to save installation settings to the specified file.
	Don't forget to use quotes if the filename contains spaces.

/LANG=language
Specifies the language to use. language specifies the internal name of
the language as specified in a [Languages] section entry.

When a valid /LANG parameter is used, the Select Language dialog will
be suppressed.

/DIR="x:\dirname"
Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select
Destination Directory wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be
specified. If the [Setup] section directive DisableDirPage was set to
yes, this command line parameter is ignored.

/GROUP="folder name"
Overrides the default folder name displayed on the Select Start Menu
Folder wizard page. If the [Setup] section directive
DisableProgramGroupPage was set to yes, this command line parameter is
ignored.

/NOICONS
Instructs Setup to initially check the Don't create any icons check
box on the Select Start Menu Folder wizard page.

/COMPONENTS="comma separated list of component names"
Overrides the default components settings. Using this command line
parameter causes Setup to automatically select a custom type. "

Greetings,
Martijn Laan