[cvsnt] Re: sspi vs. ssh ?!?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Nov 8 17:38:13 GMT 2003

> Can I configure CVSNT to
> 1.) refuse access to CVS for some users that have user accounts on the
> server

Yes, at the NT level.  See my documentation on using NTFS file permissions
and groups for managing permissions on repositories.  Directly to your
question, if you don't add someone to the "CVSUsers" group then they don't
have access to the repositories.
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

Another option would be to set up a policy that prevented users permission
to use CVS, but I don't know if that would work in relation to the service
and impersonation.

> 2.) allow remote access to only a limited set of the remaining people?
> (All the rest may then only connect when they are within the LAN)

I'm not sure on that one--it depends a bit on how they are coming in, but I
can think of any ways ** at the CVS level ** to constrict that.  You be able
to set something like that up at the firewall or router level, maybe.

Maybe someone else on the list has some ideas here.

Glen Starrett