[cvsnt] Re: sspi vs. ssh ?!?

erikba at understudy.teamworkgroup.com erikba at understudy.teamworkgroup.com
Sat Nov 8 19:45:10 GMT 2003

Quoting Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>:
> > 2.) allow remote access to only a limited set of the remaining
> people?
> > (All the rest may then only connect when they are within the LAN)
>
> I'm not sure on that one--it depends a bit on how they are coming in,
> but I
> can think of any ways ** at the CVS level ** to constrict that.  You be
> able
> to set something like that up at the firewall or router level, maybe.
>
> Maybe someone else on the list has some ideas here.

What about different access types.  Have the firewall block sspi connections,
and require something else (like sserver) for people coming in remotely?  Can
you configure different user lists based on access type?  (For instance,
specify all remote users in the passwd file and have sspi use NT access
control?)