[cvsnt] Re: sspi, ssh, and sserver

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Nov 10 16:54:21 GMT 2003

IMHO you should set up a small, low power Linux box as your server and use
cvsnt on THAT...  After all, you aren't getting any advantage using XP Home,
all you're looking at is which compromise is less of a problem.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

Then you don't even need to think twice when it's time to reboot from the
latest series of win-patches.

Oh, btw:  ssh on Linux shows the person's users name just fine on checkin
(in the log anyway, I assume that's where the SYSTEM user would show up
under XP ssh problem that has been mentioned here).

(I'm not anti-MS, I'm just very pro-Linux for areas where it is very
advantageous... And I hate the fact I have to reboot after every update from
MS is applied).

Regards,

Glen Starrett