[cvsnt] Change user (newbie)

John M bali1a at freemail.hu
Mon Nov 17 12:01:25 GMT 2003

Hello,

I just install CVS on my PC. I have a network with 2 PC and there are 4
user, who can edit files.
I installed CVSNT, set to repository and users. I use(test) smartcvs and
wincvs as GUI.
I have some questions:
1. How can I change user? After I make a logou and a new login I can't edit
files with a diferent name. What's the problem? See details below:
***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs logout

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

Logging out of :pserver:user1 at mypc:2401:/demo

After I make a login:

cvs -d :pserver:user3 at mypc:/demo login

Logging in to :pserver:user3 at mypc:2401:/demo

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

But when I want to make a Reserved edit I get the following error:

cvs edit -c info.php (in directory D:\cvswork\smart\Blog\)

cvs edit: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [edit aborted]: authorization failed: server asztali rejected access to
/demo for user user1

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

2. In the "file browser panel" where you can see file name, Rev, Option,
Status,... is it possible to see the username, who was last edited it?