[cvsnt] Read only troubles

Guy Bowden guy at holler.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 09:34:44 GMT 2003

Hi - not sure if this mail made it out before, appologies if it appears
twice for you.

I am setting up my modules using the following code :

cvs -Q import -m "" "modulename" tcvs-vendor tcvs-release

For the most part, when i check out the files, I get back read-only files
that i have to 'cvs edit' before editing them.  This is how I would like it
to work ALL the time.  However, some files (it is not related to file
extention) seem to randomly become writable when they're checked out.  Am i
doing something wrong with creating the module?

Do I have to add items in a special way?

I'm using CVSNT and TortoiseCVS as the client.

Thanks,

Guy

Guy Bowden
CTO

Holler

020 7689 1942
www.holler.co.uk

This message is confidential, you may use and apply the information only
for the intended purpose. Internet communications are not secure and
therefore Holler does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and may not represent those of Holler.
or use of it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever, and any actions
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may
be unlawful.