[cvsnt] cvs release incorrectly reports all files as altered?

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Fri Nov 28 10:49:00 GMT 2003

Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm using CVSnt 2.0.11 on a Win2k box.  I check out a single file, then
immediately release and delete the directory without changing the file.
  "cvs release" reports the file as altered:

C:\Working>set CVSROOT=:sspi:localhost:/Repo
C:\Working>cvs co CVSROOT/config
C:\Working>cvs status CVSROOT
cvs server: Examining CVSROOT
File: config            Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:    1.2
    Repository revision: 1.2     /Repo/CVSROOT/config,v
    Expansion option:    kv
    Commit Identifier:   1083fc5e14c0000
    Sticky Tag:          (none)
    Sticky Date:         (none)
    Sticky Options:      (none)
    Merge From:          (none)

C:\Working>cvs release -d CVSROOT
You have [1] altered files in this repository.
Are you sure you want to release (and delete) directory `CVSROOT':

Surely cvs should be reporting zero files as altered?

Any advice appreciated...

Thanks

JK
--
http://www.yellowradio.com/
What if the Hokey Cokey really _is_ what it's all about?