[cvsnt] Setting up users - trouble!

Kevin Whitefoot kwhitefoot at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:24:12 BST 2003

Are you running on Windows?

I have CVSNT on an NT4 server.  I user pserver because I want to be able to
get at it without having an account on the machine.

Create the repository using the CVSNT control panel.
Create a user that has the necessary rights for that directory, I call it
CVSUser.

Now open a cmd window:

> set cvsroot=d:\cvsnt\repository\yourrepository
> cvs passwd -a -r CVSUser newuserforthisrepository

Now CVS will request a new password.
The password and user apply only the named repository.  You can examine the
passwd file in CVSROOT in the repository to see the list of users for it.

I'm pretty much a novice at CVS too so all I can say is that this works for
me.

Kevin.