[cvsnt] Re: Problem: cvs.exe - No Disk

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:36:59 BST 2003

This would be nice to do.
I, unfortunately, have no access to the server.  It is at a remote site.
I have tried in the past to get the server updated - to no avail.

The problem is: Once we do get the server updated (and can use repository
prefix), We will need to notify all the users (spread out over a couple
continents) about the change.  Then, either find a way to automatically
search and modify the cvs ROOT files -- of every users computer -- to point
to a new prefixed path (probably a bad idea), or have them checkout all over
again ~450meg worth of data.

Should we do this because one user has a removable drive D:?
I know there are other very good reasons to update - just look at the cvsnt
history log for examples.
But, we are kinda stuck until cvs usage slows down.  That won't happen until
some time next year...

Thanks for the suggestion.
Joe E.

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
news:mailman.748.1065632057.630.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
First off:
Go to the CVSNT server and reconfigure it to use a repository prefix.
then you can remove the first part of the repositry name in the command
including the D: and probably it will start working.

While you are there:
Uninstall this ancient CVSNT version and install the new release instead.
Build 57a must be seceral years old now...

/Bo