[cvsnt] cvswrappers -m 'COPY' gone in 2.0.11

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Thu Oct 9 17:29:26 BST 2003

> The -t and -f haven't existed for a really long time.
> -m should work server-side - I think what you're seeing
> is a feedback from the client when the server asks it about
> its local cvswrappers, which never used to work but does now
> (for the last few versions).  I *think* the warning isn't
> actually true in that case.  I've added a fix to stop the client
> trying to send the server wrappers back to it to see if that
> helps.

More questions then - I'm new to being this close to the development
cycle on CVSNT...

1) To test this I should be able to grab tomorrow's snapshot at
http://www.cvsnt.org/cvsnt_release_snapshot.zip, copy that over my local
client directory, update the server's cvswrappers to use -m 'COPY' again
and see if I get the error during my client side cvs update right?

2) I will setup a case where I commit a file like this and test
conflicts to make sure things are working as expected (keyword
expansions but no local conflict merges).

3) So -m should remain in the cvswrapper comments but -t and -f will be
removed?

4) Should I be worried about the archive file's integrity when changing
cvswrappers from -m 'COPY' to -k 'b' and back again while development is
ongoing?

Thanks Tony.  Really appreciate the honest and fast turn arounds,
Aric