[cvsnt] cvswrappers -m 'COPY' gone in 2.0.11

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Oct 9 17:35:14 BST 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:29:26 -0500, "Czarnowski, Aric"
<aczarnowski at unimax.com> wrote:

>1) To test this I should be able to grab tomorrow's snapshot at
>http://www.cvsnt.org/cvsnt_release_snapshot.zip, copy that over my local
>client directory, update the server's cvswrappers to use -m 'COPY' again
>and see if I get the error during my client side cvs update right?

Yes.

>2) I will setup a case where I commit a file like this and test
>conflicts to make sure things are working as expected (keyword
>expansions but no local conflict merges).
>
>3) So -m should remain in the cvswrapper comments but -t and -f will be
>removed?

Yes.  I'm surprised they're still there... the option was removed in
cvs 1.9 which was years ago.

>4) Should I be worried about the archive file's integrity when changing
>cvswrappers from -m 'COPY' to -k 'b' and back again while development is
>ongoing?

No, it doesn't change the way the file is stored, just the way
conflicts are handled.

In a modern cvsnt it's pretty redundant - you should be able to mark
the files as -kbkv and achieve the same thing (although there are
still some bits of code that explicity test for -kb that I'm still
hunting down and removing).