[cvsnt] Problem commiting changes to cvsnt from Eclipse 2.1.1 und er Linux

Frédéric Meyer fme at tetco.fr
Mon Oct 13 09:34:08 BST 2003

Hi all,

Probably a newbie kindof problem.

I setup CVSNT, works well with Visual Studio.NET for instance (with PushOk
proxy add-in). Was able to put a whole new project under source control and
subsequently retrieve it from there.

Was then trying to make it work from what I thought was a more "natural"
environment for CVS :
- Linux Redhat 7.3
- Eclispe 2.1.1 (with C/C++ CDT plugins)
Adding the CVS repository location worked well,
The synchronizing phase worked also (Eclipse saw that all files of the
project had to be commited)
Authentication works also
But when I right click to commit files, it stops on the following error :
"The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
Details were :
<Project Name>: cvs server: cannot create write lock ijn repository
<RepName> : No such file or directory
<Project Name>: cvs server: lock failed - giving up
<Project Name>: cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up

P.S. : No such info that could help in Eclipse's log file
($HOME/workspace/.metadata/.log)

Any clue ?

Thanks