[cvsnt] Book suggestion.....

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Oct 23 19:45:12 BST 2003

> >Anyways, Does anyone have a good suggestion for a book on cvsNT?
>
> Good suggestion... Anyone up for it (Glen/Bo?)?

I read through the Cederqvist book, Karl Fogel's "Open Source dev with CVS",
DevGuy's pages, Bo's startup, and the original that the CVSNT wiki is based
on (in those pre-wiki days, before the "spark" that created the cvsnt wiki
in it's wake).  That and the ongoing list discussions here were enough to
get me very knowledgeable in a short amount of time (I had only known of the
existence of CVS[NT] before February this year).

Note that all the written up docs are a bit out of date relative to CVSNT,
so this list is very helpful in that regard.  Take everything you read with
a grain of salt*, but trust the CVSNT list regulars ;)

Cederqvist: http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/

Karl Fogel: http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html

DevGuy: http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/

Bo: http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips

CVSHome docs: http://www.cvshome.org/docs/

Then I wrote up my own info on setting up NTFS permissions here for some
specific to NT items, applying CVSNT in an NT-only environment.
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

* Example: Other sources go into detail on merging, tagging before/after
merging, using -j PREVTAG -j CURRTAG... Not necessary with cvsnt mergepoint
processing.

Regards,

Glen Starrett