[cvsnt] Help: Cannot import module!

Chris Wong cywong18 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Oct 30 08:20:26 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I've just install a cvsnt on my RH8 Linux server and use xinetd
to starting it. Then I created a repostory and change the access
right to 777.

I can use wincvs form my win2k computer to login (using my
linux account), but when I import a module, I got an access
right error.

I've already change the access right to 777 and change the
folder owner to my login account. But the access right error
doesn't solved.

Would you please tell me how to solve this problem?
The error message & xinetd setting is already enclosed.

Thanks a lot.

Chris

Error Message from wincvs:
cvs import -I ! -I CVS -m "no message" CVSROOT myVendor r1 (in directory C:\CVS\apps\)
cvs [server aborted]: "import" requires write access to the repository

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

/etc/xinet.d/cvspserver
server cvspserver
{