[cvsnt] Advice on the modules setup, please

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Oct 31 02:48:39 GMT 2003

> Say that we have a main source module called Project1. It contains
> several subfolders already.
> There is also a folder elsewhere (like Common/Utils), which we would
> like to become part of the Project1 module on checkout. Ideally it
> should appear as Project1/Utils.

I have a working modules configuration that does something similar.  My
repository has:

xoops/xoops2/base
		/install
		/upgrade

And I need it checked out like this only when I want it all, for the initial
installation (note the resulting file name is what I specified with the -d
parameter in the modules file):

> cvs co xoops2-distro
xoops2			(has all files from "base")
	/install
	/upgrade

Then I use this just to get the 'normal' web files, after the database is
set up.

> cvs co xoops2
xoops2			(has all files from "base")

This is my configuration file, based on Tony's comments that you can do
"pretty much anything" with -d and &...

xoops2-install -d install xoops/xoops2/install
xoops2-upgrade -d upgrade xoops/xoops2/upgrade
xoops2-distro -d xoops2 xoops/xoops2/base &xoops2-install &xoops2-upgrade
xoops2 xoops/xoops2/base

> But I wanted:
> Project1A
>   |-- Project1
>         |-- Utils

So from that, I think that yours would be like:

MyUtils -d common/utils
MyProject -d Project1A/project1 path/to/project1 &MyUtils

I think... I tend to "try it till it works" with this.  I'm not gonna say
what rev my modules file is at for just that simple config* :)

Regards,

Glen Starrett

* You'd be right if you guessed 1.25...