[cvsnt] login/setup problems

David Smith david at smith70.plus.com
Wed Sep 3 21:55:36 BST 2003

Hi

I am having a problem accessing my cvsnt repository using pserver.
Operating system is Windows XP Home

I have setup cvsnt 2.0.8 (also tried 2.1.1)
>From repositories tab
repository prefix is: d:/dev_data/cvs
valid roots: /dev

>From advanced tab
selected checkboxes for
serverside support for ntserver protocol
impersonation enabled
use local users for pserver...

Temp directory is c:\cvstemp

I have added a user
cvs -d :ntserver:main:/dev passwd -r dilbert -a david
passwd file contains line
david:blah420mVNshs:dilbert

i try to login using
cvs -d :pserver:david at main:/dev login
and get the error
C:\cvsnt211>cvs -d:pserver:david at main:/dev login
Logging in to :pserver:david at main:2401:/dev
CVS password: *****
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server main: 0: No such file or
directory

(using pserver because I want to access the repository locally via
WSAD/Eclipse)

if I stop the cvs service and try the same again i get
C:\cvsnt211>cvs -d:pserver:david at main:/dev login
Logging in to :pserver:david at main:2401:/dev
CVS password: *****
cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server main: -1: No such file or
directory

I have tried the above with an entry in the config file of
SystemAuth=no or SystemAuth=yes and #SystemAuth=no

If I use

C:\cvsnt211\sandbox>cvs -d:local:d:/dev_data/cvs/dev checkout cvsroot
cvs checkout: Updating cvsroot
cvs checkout: Updating cvsroot/Emptydir

then I get files such as config, cvsrc... checked out

Any ideas for what I am doing wrong?
or where do i look to get log output?
or how I turn on some form of logging?

Regards