[cvsnt] sserver and Protocol-encrypt

Rolf Wilms rolf_wilms at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 01:11:10 BST 2003

If a client is connected via sserver to a CVSNT server with Encryption set
to "Require Encryption" in the Advanced tab, does the client just need to
send "Protocol-encrypt" and everything should be fine (because wrap is a
no-op in sserver)?
This is the impression I got from reading server.c, sserver.c and the
CvsClient document.

Background is that I have a CVS client supporting sserver against CVSNT and
everything is fine unless the server is set to "Require Encryption" or
"Require Authentication". In this case the server i.e. responds "This server
requires an encrypted connection".

The client does not know about "Encryption-Required" etc. pseudo requests
yet and I wonder if it was so easy to get it working the way I guess...

Thanks,
Rolf