[cvsnt] Re: sserver and Protocol-encrypt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Sep 4 11:00:21 BST 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 02:11:10 +0200, "Rolf Wilms"
<rolf_wilms at hotmail.com> wrote:

>If a client is connected via sserver to a CVSNT server with Encryption set
>to "Require Encryption" in the Advanced tab, does the client just need to
>send "Protocol-encrypt" and everything should be fine (because wrap is a
>no-op in sserver)?
>This is the impression I got from reading server.c, sserver.c and the
>CvsClient document.

Basically yes.  If you look in client.c that's where it's done.
Basically if the protocol has a 'wrap' function and the server
advertises 'Encryption-requested', 'Encryption-required',
'Authentication-requested',  or 'Authentication-required' then the
relevant mode is enabled by the client (for sserver they're the same).