[cvsnt] usage is restricted to repository administrators

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Sep 4 22:12:45 BST 2003

> Why? I do not remember putting my login name anywhere that
> would make me a administrator. (I AM a Windows 2003 server
> Administrator
> on that machine) How is it deciding I am an administrator
> and the others are not?

That's how:  cvsnt checks to see if you're an administrator of your
login domain.  There were previous discussion on this some time ago (I
disagree that the login domain should dictate admin status--machine
admin is much more appropriate, IMHO).  Administrator == automatic cvs
administrator.

> What I really want to do is add some people to the list of
> "repository administrators". What is the best way to do that?

You can add an "admins" file (I believe is "admins", IIRC), ala
"writers" or "readers"--but for security purposes add it directly in the
CVSROOT on the repository and NOT through cvs with checkoutlist.

Glen Starrett