[cvsnt] CVSROOT question

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Sep 16 15:12:35 BST 2003

rog amos wrote:

> i noticed though that when i set the CVSOOT with the following
> command:  set cvsroot=:sspi:<computer name>:/<directory under
> repository>
>
> that when i close the cmd window and try to checkout a new working
> copy that i have to reset the cvsroot variable.
> is this normal, is there a way to avoid this?

That doesn't have anything to do with CVS. It's just standard Windows
behaviour. If you want the environment variable to be persistently set,
you've got to do it via Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment
Variables. Also note that even if you do it like that it will still
have to repopen all console windows that were already open in order to
make use of the new environment.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver