[cvsnt] installing / connecting to CVSNT via :extssh: protocol

tim at blue-lava.com tim at blue-lava.com
Tue Sep 16 16:18:02 BST 2003

Hi,

I have installed CVSNT 2.0.9. on a Win2K machine (behind a firewall,
where port the ssh port is forwarded to the CVSNT server). I am using
Eclipse 2.1.1 as my cvs client.

Connecting via ':pserver:' works fine (if I open the correct ports on
the firewall), but using the ':extssh:' (= acces via ssh V1) doesn't
seem to work (although I remember installing most all possible
components (i.e., I ticked all checkboxes when installing the
protocols.)

What am I doing wrong? Is :extssh: supported at all?
If not via :extssh:, is there another way of externally connecting
through port 22 to CVSNT (... maybe via ':ext:' and a separate ssh
server)?

Any hints/ help would be greatly appreciated (... found nothing in the
Bo Berglund's otherwise excellent Quick-Install notes).

   Cheers,

       Tim