[cvsnt] Partialy OT: CVSNT and Firewall/Router

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Sep 19 22:53:23 BST 2003

At 02:28 PM 9/19/2003, Michael R. Levy wrote:
>[snip]
>When I try to do development work while I'm "inside" my router, I can't
>connect.  Apparently the router will not route connections from "inside"
>the router the way I would like it to.  I can, for example, "telnet
>192.168.x.x 2401" and get the "bad auth protocol" but I can't "telnet
>myhost.com 2401".

FYI, my Linksys NAT router allows this... but it is not perfect.  Sometimes
I get corrupted transmissions--images from my internal web server
occasionally show only half the image, ssh sessions sometimes abort with
checksum failures, etc. so even if it does work for some NAT routers out
there you should probably consider the suggestions in Keith's reply (I'm
going to!).  I don't want to be doing a commit and have the transmission
corrupted...

Regards,

Glen Starrett